Data Developer (Python / SQL) - FlexTCA
FlexTrade is looking for Data Developer to be a part of a rapidly evolving technology group supplying top quality solutions to our growing top tier global client base. This role offers the opportunity to work closely with data scientists and data engineers within FlexTrade’s Quantitative Solutions team, as well as exposure to cutting edge analytics and machine learning technologies.
Our wide range of trading products, including Equities, Options, Futures, FX and more, offers numerous technical opportunities. Candidates must have a passion for learning and designing new technologies and methodologies quickly and employing them into deliverable solutions. Our developers contribute to the full software cycle of design, development, and support of new and existing software components.
The candidate will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of FlexTCA’s data processing, data management, and BI tooling. The product exposure offers the opportunity to the candidate to learn vast depth and breadth of trading and analytics technologies and the associated trade life cycle.
- Should be able to write queries to facilitate data warehouse integrity checks
- The individual will contribute to the design, development, and management of order, execution, and market data along with bucketed timeseries ticks for various assets classes.
- Create and Maintain Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) workflows for a range of datasets.
- Write and maintain API interfaces with third party data vendors.
- Will be responsible for all Production, QA and Dev ETL and data integrity checks on a Linux environment.
- Provide automation support and backup to DBA team.
- Help automate Business Intelligence environment maintenance and visualization roll-out using native Python wrapper.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience acceptable. Two years experience required.
- Excellent SQL skills are required.
- Strong experience Python and UNIX / Shell scripting.
- Experience with any business intelligence tool, optimally Sisense, will be strongly preferred.
- Experience with numpy / pandas a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge or experience of trading analytics would be a big plus.