FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
We are looking for an amazing
Engineer with a passion for automation and configuration as well as experience
in architecture to join our Team. The successful applicant will have experience
in working closely with development, support and implementation teams to
identify needs and areas for potential improvement. They will be expected to
architect and implement solutions to these that are suitable for a global SaaS
environment; working with other teams within the wider SaaS Operations team as
needed. This will all be with a DevOps mindset of removing barriers and
promoting self-enablement wherever possible. This may include implementing an
automation of deployments across our datacenters or the cloud (eg. AWS, Azure), improve
monitoring or updating Kubernetes to the latest versions.
· Be the point of contact for all teams looking for technical advice or solutions
· Remove inefficiencies in the way we use (or don’t use (yet)) technology to drive value for the business.
· Use modern principles such as IaC, CI/CD and config management (puppet/ansible) to improve the way we work
· Work with stakeholders to architect, design, implement and document solutions for the use and optimization of our Infrastructure
· Become a subject matter expert on the application and infrastructure interfaces for other team members and teams
· Research and conduct projects for new technical application initiatives
· Identifying current and emerging technology trends and translating these to potential FlexTrade uses
· Diagnosing & resolving production issues
· Solid experience in architecting complex, highly available SaaS solutions in a demanding environment and maintain them
· Strong experience of analyzing existing systems and workflows, identifying potential improvements and implementing
· CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Gitlab(-CI)
· Container ecosystems (brownie points for k8s)
· Understanding of L2/L3 networking
· Everything as Code mentality
· Scripting/coding experience in languages such as Bash or Python
· Configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
· Monitoring tools, for example SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, Prometheus etc.
· Utilizing and extending log management tools, for example Elk Stack or GrayLog
· Experience with Windows Server, Citrix, VMware and the Cloud
FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.