Senior Systems Administrator (Linux)
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
- Proactive Administration of Linux systems (RedHat and CentOS), ideally in a service provider and financial environment
- Patch management
- Automate tasks with basic scripting
- Troubleshoot incidents and handle escalations to vendors where appropriate
- Provide system performance tuning, optimisation, and capacity planning
- Proactive Administration of Configuration Management using Puppet
- Expand the use of Configuration Management where appropriate and act as a Subject Matter Expert
- Ideally provide guidance on targeted system and application migration to private and public cloud
- Experienced working in an environment where uptime and availability are critical
- Significant experience managing virtualised RedHat and CentOS Linux servers, including:
- Significant experience with Configuration Management using Puppet
- Experience in using VMWare to manage VMs
- Understanding of datacentre networking technologies
- Related certifications such as RHCSA, RHCE, Puppet Certified Professional etc. desirable
FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
FlexTrade UK Ltd. conducts a pre-employment screening which consists of a Criminal History, Background and Credit Check for successful candidates.