Technical Analyst (Sell Side) -Pune India.
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
We are actively seeking candidates for a unique opportunity to join a growing team working with our products and solutions for stocks, derivatives and foreign exchange markets. The role presents an excellent opportunity to gain experience with cutting-edge technology and financial markets around the globe. We have a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly working environment.
As a Technical Analyst, you will be part of our Client Services team and will be responsible for assuring high standards of technical services delivered to the customers using FlexTrade’s products and solutions. You will get to interact with customers, development teams and QA teams, understand the business and design aspects of the solutions.
You are good at both client-facing and technical aspects to provide a high-quality technical relationship between our clients and the Client Services team:
- You love to liaise with clients directly to define and understand business and workflow requirements
- You know how to manage client expectations
- You act as primary technical contact to allocated clients for new requirements, support and project deliverables
- You respond to reports of problems via phone and email
- You are good at troubleshooting and investigating in order to create appropriate solutions to immediate problems.
- You provide periodic updates about investigations to the clients. Publish RCA notes upon conclusion of investigation.
- You can collaborate with development & QA teams to get application defects fixed. Apply patch releases into UAT & Prod environments. Communicate release notes to the clients and other relevant parties.
- You are comfortable with morning shifts starting 8am on rotational basis
- You can work occasional bank/public holiday cover and weekend work may be required
Implementation and design:
- You can formulate the business and workflow requirements into technical solutions
- You use technical design and development skills to resolve complex problems across many different
- platforms. Build tools and scripts in shell scripts/perl/python/C++ etc. to automate or assist in
- maintenance and implementation of the systems.
- You can work alongside developers throughout the firm to design, build, test and deploy custom solutions
- You know how to on-board client and broker connections to our FIX network
- You love to implement and test new FX liquidity providers onto the FlexTrade liquidity aggregation engine
- You work with teams across the firm to continually improve the product and drive future innovation
The suitable candidate should have following skills-
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent acceptable industry certification.
Experience in client interaction and support role for a duration ranging between 2-5 years.
- Technical expertise and a desire to improve in the following technologies: Linux/Unix, Shell-scripting, Perl/Python, C, C++.
- Good communication skills (written & oral), ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both – business and technical experts – from clients and colleagues.
Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate solutions.
- Ability to occasionally build solutions using Shell scripts/Perl/Python or C++ to address problems while supporting/maintaining the systems.
- Well-organised work habits with attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining calm
- Positive & passionate work attitude, motivated and result-oriented.
- Working experience with EMS/ OMS/ Trading platform development projects in either/all of the following domains will be advantageous: Capital Markets (Equity, Derivatives), OTC/Listed Foreign Exchange (FX) Markets.
- Prior exposure with the following will be considered as an advantage: FIX protocol, concepts of Algorithmic Trading.