Vice President – Sales Strategy & Business Operations
Location: Flexible (prefer New York Metro Area; San Francisco Bay Area, CA; London) with occasional travel to FlexTrade’s regional HQ locations (Great Neck, London, Singapore)
FlexTrade Systems is a global leader in high performance multi-asset execution management and order management systems for equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, and options. A pioneer in the field, FlexTrade is internationally recognized for introducing FlexTRADER®, the world’s first broker-neutral, execution management trading system, which allows clients to completely control and customize their execution workflows through a comprehensive ability to search/access liquidity while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies.
About the Role
The VP, Sales Strategy & Business Operations will report to the Global Lead, Sales Strategy & Business Operations and be a key member of the COO’s leadership team. The leader will be a self-starter, with a hands-on, flexible and consultative management style to develop relationships and partner with the company founders and business leaders across key commercial functions.
The individual will be responsible for working cross-functionally with executive management and bringing strategic insight and operations expertise to define/drive key global transformation initiatives and put in place a robust, scalable operating model for the company. This role will be at the forefront in leading the changes to accelerate growth, with a focus on key commercial functions – sales, client services and finance.
- For sales, this leader will be responsible for partnering with sales leadership across lines of business to define and drive a digital transformation agenda leveraging salesforce.com as a CRM platform (including streamlined pricing, sales compensation design and salesforce effectiveness)
- For client services, this leader will be responsible for partnering with the client services leadership team to understand global best practices and implement improved processes/workflows/technology to enable a step change in service experience, new interaction models for FlexTrade clients
- For finance, this leader will be responsible for partnering with the finance team to establish the end-to-end processes (e.g., CPQ) and reporting (metrics, targets, cadence) that improve productivity and provide real time visibility into business performance
This leader will also be responsible for building and managing a global team (2-3 individuals) to drive this agenda.
The leader will possess a high level of business acumen, cultural sensitivity with an ability to see potential issues before they arise and find scalable, long-term solutions. This leader will build strong relationships across the leadership team to influence decision making.
Business Partnership & Team Leadership
- Partner with multiple functional and line of business leaders globally including but not limited to: Sales, Client Services and Finance
- Hire, coach and empower global team to attain the highest possible level of performance.
- Develop, reinforce and maintain key operational metrics and improvement programs.
- Facilitate communications throughout the organization to ensure transparency and openness.
- Work closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance metrics and initiatives to ensure sales organization success.
- Ensures sales reports and other intelligence is provided to the sales organization and develops new reporting tools and dashboard KPIs needed for measurement.
- Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes.
- Establish sales compensation program rules, policies and procedures.
- Partner with senior sales management to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Prioritize investments / enhancements in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity (e,g., CRM)
Client Service Operations
- Work closely with senior client services leadership globally to define the performance metrics and initiatives to ensure success of the client services organization.
- Analyze the end-to-end client services experience to identify and prioritize key issues and opportunities
- Prioritize implantation of automated solutions through Salesforce Service Cloud that increase the quality and ease of performing core activities and enhance the client service experience (e.g., faster issue resolution, enhanced transparency)
- Identify best practices across lines of businesses and regions to streamline and standardize the client services experience
- Partner with senior client services leaders to identify opportunities for process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Lead the implementation of initiatives in partnership with the finance team including the implementation of enabling new systems and processes to modernize and streamline workflows between sales and finance (e.g., Pricing, Configure Price Quote (CPQ), Quote to Cash)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance, Business Administration or other affiliated specialties like Accounting; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years in progressive functional business and/or operations roles with demonstrated experience in sales and/or client services and/or finance.
- 3+ years of management/technology consulting experience a plus
- Previous experience working in a financial services and/or technology company. Familiarity with Trading and Order/Execution Management Systems and/or subscription-based business models a plus
- Demonstrated ability to advise, coach, and act as a strategic partner towards management
- Ability to convey confidence, respect and trust, as well as maintain confidentiality of all company information
- Strong ability to drive and manage global projects to completion, communicating a clear vision, while effectively managing different stakeholders
- Highly motivated and dependable - able to work both strategically and hands-on
- Passion for innovative business solutions and process improvement.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving abilities
***FlexTrade Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.***